WOKO CONTEST RULES
1) Employees and immediate family members of Hall Communications employees, employees of competing for radio stations and employees of participating contest sponsors are not eligible to win.
2) Call in contest winners with the correct answer to the DJ’s question or prompt win the prize designated in the contest. In the event a winner does not guess correctly, meet eligibility requirements or forfeits, DJ will take the next caller until a winner is determined.
3) Winners from Vermont must wait two days before picking up their prize at the station business office at 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT during regular business hours Monday-Friday between 8:30 am-4:00 pm.
4) Winners from New York must wait until the Wednesday after they win to pick up their prize at Perrywinkles Fine Jewelry at 75 Smithfield Boulevard, Plattsburgh, NY during regular business hours.
5) Winners must show identification to claim their prize. Prizes are held for 30 days and no prizes will be mailed.
6) Winners must wait 90 days before being eligible to win again on the same station. Persons deceiving Hall Communications in any way forfeit winnings.
7) Hall Communications reserves the right to limit each household to one qualifier and/or winner per contest and make prize substitutions when necessary. Station management reserves the right to amend contest rules at any time.
8) You must be 12 years of age or older to participate in a contest, though some contests may have special age and other entry restrictions.
9) Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more must complete a W-9 when claiming their prize. The station will generate and mail the winner a W-2 and the winner is responsible for claiming the value of the prize as additional income on their Federal Income Tax return during the year they claimed the prize.
10) Hall Communications is not responsible if a listener is unable to get through on the telephone for a contest due to equipment malfunction, busy lines or otherwise. Anyone who calls a studio line or enters a contest automatically grants Hall Communications permission to record and use their name, character, photograph voice and/or likeness in connection with the promotion of this or other contests and must waive any claim of royalty, rights or remuneration for such use.
11) General Contest Rules and rules for specific contests are available on station web sites or in hard copy form at our studios during regular business hours or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT 05403.
Here are the rules to win the prizes WOKO gives away on Facebook:
1. You must legally reside in VT or NY.
2. You must “like” or “comment” on the official post to be entered.
3. One entry per Facebook user. Posting multiple comments will not increase your chances of winning.
4. You must be at least 12 years or older, although some contests may have special age restrictions.
5. All Hall Communications General Contest Rules apply.
6. Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Riley Green is coming to the Champlain Valley Fair on Sunday and the Morning Roundup has your tickets with a game they’re calling “Riley Rainbow”! While Riley Green is coming to the fair for a great show, Riley Red, Riley Blue and Riley Yellow are also interesting people. Rod and Bill will describe a Riley, you tell us which one and you’ll win tickets to the show at the end of the week. Listen for your cue to call between 5am and 10am, The Morning Roundup will take a random caller and ask their question, if the lister is correct they win. All Hall Communication General Contest Rules Apply.
Sample Question: This Riley loves the clear sky, Leann Rimes, and The Milk that Luke Skywalker drank in A New Hope.
Answer: Riley Blue.
To enter, stop by the Hall Communications booth any day during the Champlain Valley Fair in Essex Junction, Vermont. Place a “Casino Chip” on your favorite NFL team represent it on the table. Booth operator will spin the wheel. If the wheel lands on the same position that you placed your chip you qualify to win the grand prize tailgating package consisting of a Weber Charcoal Grill, a box of McKenzie meat, and a variety of to-be-determined official NFL merchandise with the winner’s choice of team logo. Grand prize package estimated at $499.99. Grand prize winner will randomly be drawn from all qualifiers, and contacted within a week of the conclusion of the contest. Odds of winning the grand prize depend on the number of qualifiers. Fairgoers may qualify more than once to win the grand prize. There is no age restriction to play the game. Grand prize winner has 30 days from the date they were notified to claim their prize at Hall Communications, 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT 05403. Prizes will not be mailed. If winner chooses not to claim prize for any reason, or fails to collect their prize with the 30-day limit, an alternate winner will be randomly drawn. The grand prize winner must be a resident of Vermont or New York. Force Majeure: if the Hall Communications booth is forced to close due to severe weather, the game will resume upon reopening of the booth. If the Champlain Valley Fair is forced to permanently close prior due to Sunday September 3, winner will eb chosen at random from all entries received up to that point. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply. Obtain a hardcopy at, or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to, Hall Communications, 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT 05403. Contest runs August 25 through September 3. Winner will be announced September 5. No purchase necessary.
WOKO’s Pro Football Pick ‘Em Contest runs during the NFL’s 18-week regular season (at time of publication of these rules, stated as 9/7/2023 – 1/7/2024, although subject to change depending on the will of the National Football League).
To play, participants must begin by logging onto www.woko.com and creating an account under the “Pro Football Pick ‘Em” contest website. All participants who register for the contest prior to the first game kicking off on Thursday September 7 will be eligible to win a $250 gift card to The Burger Bar, 831 College Parkway, Colchester. Winner will be chosen at random from all entries received, including those received from other Hall Communications stations in Burlington, VT. During each week of the NFL season, players will then need to sign in to their account and pick the winners of each game from the slate of matches that week. Picks must be completed prior to the kickoff of each game Thursday-Monday. Any game not picked by kickoff will result in a ‘loss’ of that game.
The player with the most correct picks each week will go into the grand prize drawing of $500 at the end of the regular season. If there is a weekly tie, both of those players will advance to the grand prize drawing.
The grand prize winner will be drawn randomly from all weekly WOKO winners, as well as the WOKO player with the most points from all combined weeks. The winner will be announced and contacted no later than five days following the end of the regular season. To be eligible to win the grand prize drawing, you must not have won a prize from WOKO in the 90 days prior to the winning announcement. In the event a winner does not meet eligibility requirements or forfeits, a new winner will be drawn from the qualifiers until one is determined.
If the National Football League regular season is ended prematurely, Hall Communications will randomly pick a grand prize winner from all weekly winners to that point. If the National Football League regular season is extended past January 7, 2024 for any reason, this contest will remain open until the completion of what the league has determined “the regular season” to be.
Grand Prize valued at $500. No purchase necessary. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply.
WOKO is giving away tickets to Tyler Hubbard at The Champlain Valley Fair this Friday, August 25th over the air on Wednesday, August 23rd. Winners will listen for the Morning Round Up’s interview with Tyler Hubbard, then when they give the cue to call the designated caller will be selected as the winner. There will be two winners each with a pair of tickets. Tickets can be picked up at 70 Joy Drive South Burlington Vermont Monday – Friday from 8:30am-4pm. All Hall Communications general contest rules apply.
No purchase necessary. To be eligible to win, you must be a resident of VT or NY who has not won a prize from WOKO in the last 90 days. Contest Period: 5/22/23-9/1/23. To enter, listen to WOKO weekdays between 2-7pm for the DJ prompt of “It’s an Official Deck Night with McKenzie and WOKO” and be the first caller through to the WOKO studio at (802) 862-9890 or (800) 354-9890 to win. A total of 15 McKenzie Country Classics ultimate grilling packages will be given away during the contest period, one each week, with an estimated retail value of $50. Winners will also receive a WOKO soft side cooler, In the event the caller does not meet eligibility the prize will be forfeited and given away at another time during the week. One winner per household. Prize is non-transferrable, is not redeemable for cash and no prize substitutions will be made. Winner has 30 days to claim their certificate and must call McKenzie at (802) 864-4585 at least 1 day prior to pick up. Unclaimed certificates remain station property. All Hall Communications General Contest Rules apply.