WOKO CONTEST RULES
1) Employees and immediate family members of Hall Communications employees, employees of competing for radio stations and employees of participating contest sponsors are not eligible to win.
2) Call in contest winners with the correct answer to the DJ’s question or prompt win the prize designated in the contest. In the event a winner does not guess correctly, meet eligibility requirements or forfeits, DJ will take the next caller until a winner is determined.
3) Winners from Vermont must wait two days before picking up their prize at the station business office at 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT during regular business hours Monday-Friday between 8:30 am-4:00 pm.
4) Winners from New York must wait until the Wednesday after they win to pick up their prize at Perrywinkles Fine Jewelry at 75 Smithfield Boulevard, Plattsburgh, NY during regular business hours.
5) Winners must show identification to claim their prize. Prizes are held for 30 days and no prizes will be mailed.
6) Winners must wait 90 days before being eligible to win again on the same station. Persons deceiving Hall Communications in any way forfeit winnings.
7) Hall Communications reserves the right to limit each household to one qualifier and/or winner per contest and make prize substitutions when necessary. Station management reserves the right to amend contest rules at any time.
8) You must be 12 years of age or older to participate in a contest, though some contests may have special age and other entry restrictions.
9) Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more must complete a W-9 when claiming their prize. The station will generate and mail the winner a W-2 and the winner is responsible for claiming the value of the prize as additional income on their Federal Income Tax return during the year they claimed the prize.
10) Hall Communications is not responsible if a listener is unable to get through on the telephone for a contest due to equipment malfunction, busy lines or otherwise. Anyone who calls a studio line or enters a contest automatically grants Hall Communications permission to record and use their name, character, photograph voice and/or likeness in connection with the promotion of this or other contests and must waive any claim of royalty, rights or remuneration for such use.
11) General Contest Rules and rules for specific contests are available on station web sites or in hard copy form at our studios during regular business hours or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT 05403.
Here are the rules to win the prizes WOKO gives away on Facebook:
1. You must legally reside in VT or NY.
2. You must “like” or “comment” on the official post to be entered.
3. One entry per Facebook user. Posting multiple comments will not increase your chances of winning.
4. You must be at least 12 years or older, although some contests may have special age restrictions.
5. All Hall Communications General Contest Rules apply. CLICK HERE TO VIEW
6. Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Official 20 Outstanding Women Rules
20 Outstanding Women contest is a web contest that will be conducted from Monday, January 10th, 2022 at 12:01am to Sunday, February 6h, 2022 at 11:59pm, in which listeners will have the chance to nominate an outstanding woman in their life for a chance to be one of this year’s 20 Outstanding Women. To enter, listeners must completely fill out a form on the 20 Outstanding Women contest page. 20 winners will be selected by a panel of Hannaford judges, by February 20th, 2022. Winners will be chosen based on the quality of the nomination. All judges’ decisions are final. All winners will then be contacted via email or phone by a 98.9 WOKO representative by February 21st, 2022. Prizes include but are not limited to: being honored as one of our 20 Outstanding Women of 2022 on-air and online, an invitation to our 2022 20 Outstanding Women ceremony at Delta Marriott Hotel on March 30, 2022, and a glass award, valued at $30.
98.9 WOKO is not responsible for any error, problems, or delays in the telephone, internet, or streaming systems with this contest. One entry per person. Multiple entries will disqualify all entries by that individual. 98.9 WOKO reserves the right to disqualify any entrant in its sole discretion. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries allowed by using same, multiple/different email addresses, identities, or any other methods void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any on-line registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant and he/she must be eligible according to these Official Rules. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all such entries will be deemed void. No purchase necessary. 98.9 WOKO’s sole responsibility will be to notify the winners. Winner will be responsible for any applicable state and federal taxes. Prizes are not transferrable or redeemable for cash. 98.9 WOKO will make reasonable attempts to award the prize within 30 days of winning.
Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents of Vermont, who are age 18 or older as of date of entry, who have not won anything any prize on 98.9 WOKO or other Hall Communications stations valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
Employees and immediate family members of Hall Communications employees, employees of competing for radio stations and employees of participating contest sponsors are not eligible to win. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
Listen to 98.9 WOKO’s Morning Roundup from 5am to 10am Tuesday 1/25/22 through Thursday 1/27/22 for your chance to win a pair of tickets to see Garth Brooks, Saturday, May 21st at 7pm at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro Massachusetts. Once per day WOKO will ask for a caller at (802)862-9890 or Toll Free in VT and NY (800)354-9890 to SING FOR YOUR TICKETS! Once on the line WOKO will play a fragment of a popular Garth Brooks song, once the music stops the caller will need to continue singing the correct lyrics in order to win. WOKO is not responsible for transportation or lodging. All Hall Communications General Contest Rules Apply. Winners should check with venue before travel for any medical restrictions or requirements.
Sam Hunt with special guest Ryan Hurd and Lily Rose are coming to the Bank Of New Hampshire Pavilion Saturday, August 20th, tickets go on sale on Friday, January 21st and Big Country 98.9 WOKO has your chance to Win-Em-Before-You-Can-Buy-Em! Beginning Monday 1/17/22 through 1/21/22 Listen to the Morning Roundup between 5am and 10am for them to play “23 Trivia” in honor of Sam Hunt’s latest single “23”! Be the first caller with the correct answer and you’ll win a pair of tickets to the show. All Hall Communications General Contest Rules apply. Please check with venue ahead of traveling to the show for any health and safety restrictions in place by venue or artist.
WOKO is giving away 10 $20 certificates to Jiffy Mart over the air, 2 each day in PM drive 1/3-1/7/2021. Listeners will tune in for the cue to call in and win. There will be 10 winners chosen, 2 each day in afternoon drive 3-8pm. Odds of winning depend on the number of phone calls received. Each winner will get 1 $20 certificate to Jiffy Mart. In the event the winner does not meet eligibility requirements winner will forfeit the prize. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years of age to participate. Certificates can be picked up at 70 Joy Drive Monday – Friday from 8:30am-4pm. Please wait at least 5 business days before claiming your prize. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply.
During the Shop Middlebury Great Gift Giveaway Listeners will tune in each day to win the prize of the day on WOKO from 12/13-12/17/2021.Monday – $100 Gift Certificate to Country Side Carpet and PaintTuesday – $100 gift certificate to Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op Wednesday – 2 chances to win a $25 gift certificate to Middlebury SweetsThursday – 2 chances to win a $25 gift certificate to Juice Amour.Friday – $100 gift certificate to Distinctive Paint and Interiors or a $100 gift certificate to Fire and IceChance of winning will depend on number of callers each morning.Prizes can be picked up at 70 Joy Drive South Burlington. A valid ID must be presented to claim your prize. In the event the winner does not meet eligibility requirements winner will forfeit the prize. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years of age to participate. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply.
WOKO is giving away tickets to see Mannheim Streamroller at the Flynn Theater on December 14th 2021 over the air from 12/6/2021- 12/8/2021. Listeners will listen for the cue to call. There will be 3 winners chosen, on each day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Odds of winning depend on the number of phone calls received. Each winner will get 2 tickets. Winners will need to pick up their tickets at Hall Radio STUDIOS at 70 Joy Drive in South Burlington, VT. In the event the winner does not meet eligibility requirements winner will forfeit the prize. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years of age to participate. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply. All winners should monitor any COVID 19 restrictions put in place by venue or artist.
WOKO is giving away 10 certificates good for one oil change from VIP Tire Sales and Service over the air from 11/29-12/3/2021. Listeners will tune in for the cue to call in and win. There will be 10 winners chosen, 2 each day one in morning drive and one in afternoon drive. Odds of winning depend on the number of phone calls received. Each winner will get 1 certificate good for one oil change. Each winner will also qualify to win a certificate good for one set up all season tires from VIP Tires and Service worth up to $500. The grand prize winner will be randomly chosen from all of the qualifiers who won during the week on Friday 12/2 in afternoon drive. In the event the winner does not meet eligibility requirements winner will forfeit the prize. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years of age to participate. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply. All winners should monitor any COVID 19 restrictions put in place by venue or artist.
WOKO’s Pro Football Pick ‘Em Contest runs during the NFL’s 18-week regular season (at time of publication of these rules, stated as 9/19/2021 – 1/9/2022, although subject to change depending on the will of the National Football League).
To play, participants must begin by logging onto www.woko.com and creating an account under the “Pro Football Pick ‘Em” contest website. Each week, players will then need to sign in to their account and pick the winners of each game from the slate of matches that week. Picks must be completed prior to the kickoff of each game Thursday-Monday. Any game not picked by kickoff will result in a ‘loss’ of that game.
The player with the most correct picks each week will go into the grand prize drawing of $250 at the end of the regular season. If there is a weekly tie, those players will advance to the grand prize drawing. If a player correctly picks all the games in a given week, they will be eligible to win a $100 bonus at the end of the season.
The grand prize winner, drawn randomly from all weekly winners, will be announced and contacted no later than five days following the end of the regular season. To be eligible to win the grand prize drawing, you must not have won a prize from WOKO in the 90 days prior to the winning announcement. In the event a winner does not meet eligibility requirements or forfeits, a new winner will be drawn from the qualifiers until one is determined. All participants who had a “Perfect Week” (defined as all wins and no losses) at any point during the season will go into a random drawing to win a $100 bonus prize. In the event there are no “Perfect Week” players, the prize will not be awarded.
If the National Football League regular season is ended prematurely, Hall Communications will randomly pick a grand prize winner from all weekly winners to that point. If the National Football League regular season is extended past January 9, 2022 for any reason, this contest will remain open until the completion of what the league has determined “the regular season” to be.
Grand Prize valued at $250. Perfect Week Bonus valued at $100. No purchase necessary. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply.